One of the best childhood Filipino desserts. We made it less sweeter and healthier by changing the milk base ingredients but if you are a sweet tooth, you can use the condensed milk instead.
3 packs of 3 oz box of JELLO different colors
2 sachets of knox unflavored gelatin
1 can evaporated milk or 1 can condensed milk ( if you want the sweet one)
1/2- 1 cup almond milk (microwaved for 1 min)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp confectioners sugar
3 cups boiling water ( 1 cup each for each JELLO)
1 1/2 cup boiling hot water for knox
- Place each box of JELLO in different containers. Pour 1 cup of boiling water to each one while stirring the contents until powder is dissolved completely. Put each in the refrigerator until you see the jelly formed and firm.
- In a bowl, pour in the evaporated milk and add the almond milk, vanilla extract, confectioners sugar until dissolved.Set aside.*** If you decide to use the condensed milk, SKIP these four ingredients mentioned in this number.
- When the jello is ready, take it out of its container and cut them gently into cubes or rectangles. Put them all in a rectangular container and return it to the refrigerator while you will work on your milk base.
- For the milk base: In a bowl, place 2 sachets of knox gelatin and pour 1 1/2 cup of boiling water over it while mixing it to dissolve. Then pour in the ingredients in #2. Continue mixing with a beater until ready. Make sure to let it set until bubbles disappear.
- Take out the rectangular container with jello. Pour in the milk base evenly on top of it. Return it to the refrigerator. You will know the cathedral is ready once it is firm.